Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Chelsea vs Aston Villa: Stats, Prediction, kick-off time, Team News,
N’Golo Kante and Christian Pulisic will not be available for Chelsea’s match against Aston Villa on Saturday night, but Romelu Lukaku will. The Blues have also confirmed that defender Antonio Rüdiger will not travel with the squad as part of his recovery from an injury he picked up during international duty last week while Jefferson Montero has been left at home due to illness
YOU CAN STREAM THE MATCH LIVE HERE
Antonio Conte’s side faces off against Steve Bruce’s visiting team this weekend; be sure not to miss it! Kick-off 5:30 pm.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Chelsea Team News
It is a massive loss for Chelsea to not have their two best midfielders, N’Golo Kante and Christian Pulisic.
But despite this setback, the Blues still have an opportunity of victory on Saturday as Villa comes into town without much hope themselves after losing four matches in succession before hosting Liverpool last week stunningly at Anfield 3-0 with goals coming from Sadio Mane (2), Roberto Firmino & Philippe Coutinho
Despite the return of injured striker Romelu Lukaku, the Blues may be without Thiago Silva due to his five-day international ban. Since Reece James has been suspended, he won’t be in the starting lineup on Saturday at Stamford Bridge against Aston Villa.
Emiliano Martinez’s absence from a league match due to quarantine rules will be the first time in his Villa career.
On Saturday afternoon, Aston Villa will face Chelsea with John McGinn, Leon Bailey, and Jacob Ramsey all available. However, Bertrand Traore will not make the trip due to an injury that has kept him out of training recently.
Head-to-head and Stats
- Against Aston Villa, Chelsea wanted to maintain a winning record, and they did so with a victory. There has only been one loss for the Blues in 16 home games (11 wins).
- The Blues haven’t won consecutive league games against Aston Villa since October 1993. That’s not a good record for Chelsea fans, but it might be about to change with victories in their last three matches!
- Aston wins their 1st meeting 2-1 then defeats Man Utd 3-0 at home after Atkinson’s undoing (and Harding!!).
- It will be Romelu Lukaku’s 11th appearance at Stamford Bridge, and he’ll be looking for his first Premier
Chelsea vs Aston Villa
- League goal against Aston Villa. He’s scored six goals in a row, and he’d like to add another!
- With six goals and two assists in his last nine Premier League starts, Danny Ings has scored in all three of his Aston Villa appearances. During his time as a Burnley substitute, he scored two more goals.
- As a result, Chelsea has conceded fewer goals this season than any other team in the English Premier League. Former German international Thomas Tuchel (51 points) leads the defending champions, who have had just 14 goals scored against them this season.
- While Aston Villa had only played 29 games in the Premier League, it had won three of its six games in London (D1 L2).
- There have been 599 Premier League victories for the Blues, which is a record for any team in the league. A win at Stamford Bridge would make them only the second team in history to reach 600 points and what better way to do it than by beating your local rivals?
- A Chelsea manager has never lost consecutive league games to Aston Villa before, this is the first time.
- After just one win at Wembley Stadium, Tuchel’s team is vulnerable away from Wembley Stadium, as evidenced by their two Premier League defeats so far this season despite plenty of chances being taken or created during those 90 minutes.
Probable Lineup (3-4-2-1): Mendy; Chalobah, Christensen, Rudiger; Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kovacic, Chilwell; Mount, Havertz; Lukaku
Aston Villa Lineup
Probable Lineup (4-4-2): Steer; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett; Bailey, McGinn, Luiz; El Ghazi; Ings, Watkins
Chelsea 3-1 Aston Villa
As it turns out, Chelsea will be able to come out on top with a 3-1 win over Aston Villa this Saturday.
Emiliano Buendia’s absence will leave the Villans severely lacking in creativity.
However, their opponents are more formidable than Aston Villa this season. A defeat against Spurs is unacceptable, and Chelsea should prepare accordingly by paying attention during training sessions or watching film from last year’s game on Friday evening when they still managed to beat Spurs despite playing with less than full strength due to illness among other factors.